Using our website safely and appropriately
You are free to use the content of this site for non-commercial purposes consistent with our position as an impartial humanitarian organisation, however we request that you acknowledge INSO as the source by giving credit as follows:
Source: International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), www.NGOsafety.org
We would also appreciate a notification to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your webpage for our records.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully.
Terms & conditions
By using our website, you (the User) accept these terms and conditions and agree to comply with them.
These terms and conditions outline the terms and conditions on which you may make use of our website www.NGOsafety.org (our site), whether as a visitor or registered partners. Use of our site includes accessing, browsing, or submitting information through our site.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as these will apply to your use of our site. We recommend that you print a copy of this for future reference.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must not use our site.
www.NGOsafety.org is owned and operated by the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), an independent, non-governmental humanitarian organisation based in The Hague, Netherlands that is established to support other humanitarians working in high-risk countries.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
Submitting information to the site
Our site allows three forms of information to be submitted:
i. A request to be registered as a partner
ii. A general or specific contact request via email
iii. An application for an open job vacancy
In all cases, any information submitted will be used exclusively to fulfill the task for which you have submitted it and will not be stored, used for any other purpose, or transmitted to any other entity or person. You are solely responsible for the accuracy of the information submitted.
If you are a registered partner using the site to log in to an INSO applications, such as CHDC or the Partners Portal, please review the specific data protection and privacy policies inside those applications.
Using our content
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out herein, please contact us.
Except for providing a citation, you may not provide or embed a link to any part of our site on your own website, blog, or elsewhere without our prior written consent.
Please contact us if you want to do this.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- In any way that violates the principles of good faith and public order.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- For the purpose of distributing content or propaganda of a racist or xenophobic, pornographic or illegal nature, or any which infringes human rights.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To attempt to access and, where applicable, make use of the e-mail accounts of other users or to modify or manipulate their messages.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojans, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
You also agree to use our site for humanitarian purposes only. You agree:
- To use the content of our site for purposes that are consistent with our mandate as a humanitarian organisation, this could include but is not limited to conducting and supporting humanitarian operations, academic study, analysis and research, journalism, policy discussion and development and to contribute to a wider understanding amongst the general public.
- Not to use or apply the content of the site in a manner or forum that would pose a risk to our reputation as a humanitarian organisation and our core principles of impartiality, neutrality, and independence.
- To not use or attempt to use any part of our site for any commercial purpose whatsoever including copying, reproducing, duplicating, or selling any part of it or drawing on any part of it to advertise, inform, contribute to or improve any commercial product or service.
- To not use, or attempt to use, our site to contribute to the functioning or activity of any private security company (PSC/PMC), military, or intelligence organisation.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. Any usage of a link or connection to a third-party website is performed at the sole risk and venture of the user.
We cannot guarantee that the site and the server are free of viruses, and therefore accept no liability for any damages which may be caused by such anomalies or any other technical incidents.
Changes to our site
We update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and We are under no obligation to update it.
Reliance on information
Although we make extensive efforts to ensure the information on the site is accurate, nothing on the site should be considered operational information. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is free from errors or omissions. We also make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site published in languages other than English are free from errors of translation.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- Use of, or inability to use, our site or our services; or
- Use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
You, the user, specifically acknowledge and agree that INSO is not liable for any conduct of any user. Neither INSO, nor any of its employees, directors or reporting partners, shall be liable to any user or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content.
If you are a corporate/for-profit user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- Loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- Business interruption;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We assume no responsibility for any errors of translation in content on our site in languages other than English.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for liabilities that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
Suspension and termination
We reserve the right to deny or withdraw access to the site and/or the services provided without the need for prior notification, on our own initiative or at the behest of a third party, in the event that users are in breach of these terms & conditions.
We explicitly reserve the right to pursue any breach of these terms & conditions for any improper usage of the site by exercising all civil and criminal actions to which we may legally be entitled.
Changes to the terms and conditions
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these terms and conditions may also be superseded by provisions.
These terms and conditions, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by dutch law. Both you and we agree that the courts of the Netherlands will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.