Committed to protecting your personal data
Privacy and security for the best possible experience
The International NGO Safety Organisation (“We”) is committed to protecting the privacy of the information you share with us when you access and use our websites, products, events, and services.
This policy (together with our terms & conditions, and any other documents referred to on it) describes how we collect, use and share the personally identifiable information you provide to us when you register with us or request from us to receive services.
How we collect and use your personal data
We collect personal data through the use of our websites in two ways: data you directly provide to us and data generated by your activity on the websites.
Data you directly provide
You can choose to provide us personal data in the context of surveys, registrations, and contact requests. This data enables us to provide the services you have requested. For example:
- When participating in a survey. You are invited to answer questions about your work and the purpose of visiting our website.
- When applying for registration as INSO partner, you are requested to complete a pre-screening questionnaire and fill in a form with your name, email, the organisation you work for and your title.
- If you wish to contact INSO through the available web form, you are asked to provide your name and email.
Data generated by your activity
In order to ensure the effective functioning and security of our website and to better understand visitor behavioural patterns, as you browse our website we automatically recognise, collect and store:
- Log information such as the pages you visit, the time/date and duration of your visit as well as your internet protocol (IP) address.
- Device and software information such as the type of browser and operating system (if provided by the browser), the URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser), the page or file requested.
This information is collected through the use of various technologies, including cookies which are small text files stored in your browser.
Access and storage
We will use this information: In general, access to your personal data is limited to appropriate staff within INSO. In some circumstances we make your data available outside INSO (or you provide some of your data directly to a third party), such as for:
- Sending emails to you if you have submitted a form. For this, we provide only your email address to SendGrid, Inc.
- Analytics: We use Google Analytics & Microsoft Clarity to help us understand visitor behaviour by allowing these services access to the data generated by your activity (such as session duration, number of clicks) and store it using cookies. This data is produced in an anonymous way and does not identify any individual visitors.
We encourage you to review the relevant third-party privacy policies when visiting their websites.
Links to other websites
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.