Training Officer – Ukraine (Ukrainian Nationals)
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries.
INSO is registered in the Netherlands with its headquarters based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
INSO Ukraine Country Office
INSO Ukraine opened in 2015. Since February 2022, it has rapidly expanded to a full platform serving the needs of NGOs in a fast-evolving conflict. Currently, 142 national and international NGOs receive INSO services. Our country office is in Kyiv, supported by field offices in Lviv, Dnipro, and Odesa. As part of INSO Ukraine, you will play a key role in supporting NGOs and helping aid to reach people in need.
As a Training Officer you will contribute to the development, contextualization, organization, delivery, and evaluation of Humanitarian Environment Individual Safety Training (HEIST) courses to assist aid workers in personal risk mitigation and humanitarian access.
To be the successful candidate you will demonstrate a strong background in NGO safety and security management, be outgoing, inquisitive and detail oriented, and have significant experience building and delivering high quality curriculum along with impact monitoring. You will have the ability to adapt training to the prevailing context. The ideal candidate will above all else share INSO’s commitment to humanitarian principles.
This position, opened to Ukrainian nationals only, reports to the Training Manager HEIST and is based in Lviv (possible missions in other Oblasts during onboarding phase).
- Adapt INSO HEIST course to the needs of humanitarian workers in Ukraine, with the support of INSO Training Manager HEIST.
- Facilitate training sessions according to INSO facilitation training standards.
- Contribute to the development and facilitation of other training courses when needed.
- Contribute to post-training reports and evaluation, such as NGO training needs assessment.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English (written and spoken).
- Education in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Competency in Microsoft Office including Power Point and Excel.
- A minimum of 2 years providing training; in the humanitarian safety sector desired.
- Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian safety practices and principles.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Familiarity with the principles of humanitarian NGOs and NGO approaches to security.
- Ability to excel in a multicultural work environment.
- Recent experience working on the Ukrainian response, ideally in an NGO safety training role or equivalent – and demonstrable understanding of the context.
- Experience in design and development of bespoke safety training curricula for NGOs.
- Experience in the development and delivery of HEAT, HEIST or HEFAT courses.
Key Personal Competencies
- A good listener
- An effective communicator
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions:
12-month renewable contract with UAH 70,000 Gross salary.
How to apply
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference ‘Training Officer-Lviv’ in the subject line. Applications should be in English and include:
- CV (maximum 3 pages).
- A one-page cover letter detailing why you are interested in working for INSO and how your qualifications align specifically with the competencies required for the role.
Please do not send any additional information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please apply early. We are looking for a start date as soon as possible.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.