Training Manager – Ukraine
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries.
INSO is headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands- the international city of peace and justice.
INSO Ukraine opened in 2015. Since the escalation of conflict in February 2022, it has rapidly expanded to a full platform serving the needs of NGOs in a fast-evolving conflict. Currently, over 230 national and international NGOs receive INSO services. We have offices in in Kyiv, Lviv, Dnipro, and Odesa. As part of INSO Ukraine, you will play a key role in developing impactful services for humanitarian safety and helping aid to reach people in need.
As Training Manager, you will be responsible for the development, organisation, delivery and evaluation of training courses to support national and international NGOs in organisational safety and crisis management, personal risk mitigation and humanitarian access. You will ensure compliance with INSO training standards and best practices, manage the training team and lead the annual training planning. This position is based in Kyiv with regular travel in country and reports to the Country Director.
Implement Training Program
- Conduct a training needs assessment to identify training needs.
- Plan and organise training sessions.
- Communicate with INSO partners about training and listen to their needs.
- Contextualise and facilitate courses on safety & security management, personal safety, humanitarian principles & practices, access, and negotiations.
- Review and improve training materials as necessary.
- Design and incorporate monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Contribute to MEAL and donor reporting.
Lead the Training Team
- Manage the training team (5 Training Officers and 2 Training Assistant).
- Coordinate with INSO support teams and senior management.
- Seek advice and give support to other INSO training teams.
- Help manage the public perceptions of INSO’s work to establish and maintain recognition of its mandate for independence, impartiality, and neutrality.
- Comply with INSO service delivery standards and procedures.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in the humanitarian, adult-learning or civilian safety & security sector.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in team and project management.
- Understanding of NGO safety & security management, personal safety, humanitarian principles, practices, access, and negotiations.
- Work experience in conflict affected environments.
- Well-developed networking and organisational skills.
- Ukrainian or Russian language skills.
- Experience delivering courses focusing on NGO safety & security management, personal safety, humanitarian access and negotiations.
- Experience developing curriculum.
- Experience in public speaking.
- Project management and/or First Aid certifications.
- Experience implementing technical solutions in training settings.
Key Personal Competencies
- Independent drive and ability to manage teams.
- Ability to identify issues, analyse and participate in their resolution.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently unsupervised.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
Terms & Conditions
The position is based in Kyiv, with a large amount of travel elsewhere in Ukraine.
12 month fixed-term (renewable) full-time contract based in Kyiv, Ukraine. This position is open to national and expatriate candidates.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Submit your application at: https://inso.ngo/VATMUKR
Applications should be in English; you will need to upload:
- An updated CV.
- A one-page cover letter detailing why you are interested in working for INSO in this position and how your qualifications align with the competencies required for the role.
Thank you for your interest in INSO.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.