Software Development Manager – HQ
An international NGO dedicated to humanitarian safety, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) provides information, analysis, coordination, training, and other support services to aid agencies working in insecure and fragile contexts.
Working with more than 1,000 local and international NGOs across 16 conflict affected countries, our projects support the safety of aid workers and help protect the vital relief they deliver to vulnerable communities.
INSO is headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands- the international city of peace and justice.
As the Software Development Manager, you are responsible for everything related to INSO’s software stack. You are the global system administrator for all INSO’s cloud services and enterprise software – including the Conflict & Humanitarian Data Centre (CHDC), the INSO Partners Portal (IPP) – and manage the software team. The software team facilitates information distribution to our partners and maintains data recording and analysis platforms across multiple channels. Performing well in this role, you will support humanitarians across the globe through these systems and new innovations.
- Conflict & Humanitarian Data Centre (CHDC): Specification research and communication with major stakeholders, front- and backend development, data management and security.
- INSO Partners Portal (IPP): Specification research and communication from major stakeholders, design and development.
- Lead software team: Line manager for team of two developers, as well as external party (i.e., Microsoft, Google, etc.) engagement.
- Other services and responsibilities: SSL and domain registrations and maintenance, integration of external systems with OAuth 2.0.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or a relevant field) from a recognized academic institution
- At least 8 years of professional development experience
- Fluency in English
- Experience in Agile team management
- Experience with tech used in INSO’s development stack: Java (Spring boot), Apache CouchDB and Solr, Docker & Kubernetes, MS SQL & MySQL, PHP, MS Azure, Twilio & SendGrid and Angular 10+
- Strong understanding of data modeling and storage with both NoSQL and relational DBs
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern web and client development with distributed system architectures
- Paramount attention to detail in application and data security
Nice to Have:
- Fluency in French
- Data Science knowledge
- Prior humanitarian or NGO experience
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions:
Fixed-term (renewable) full-time contract based in The Hague, Netherlands, €6,750 per month gross salary, 8% vacation pay (vakantiegeld), 2.5 days annual leave per month. This position is eligible for Highly Skilled Migrant visa sponsorship and a relocation allowance.
How to apply:
Please send the following to email@example.com and reference ‘Software Development Manager’ in the subject line of your email:
* An up-to-date CV.
* A cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements for the role and your motivation to apply.
Please do not send other documents. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Acquisition or recruiter outreach related to this position is not appreciated.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.