Software Developer – HQ
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts.
INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO works in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries with its headquarters in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
We are looking for an experienced and talented individual to join our team at our HQ in The Hague (remote-based is an option) as a Software Developer.
You will be responsible for providing substantial assistance in the design, implementation and maintenance of INSO’s Conflict & Humanitarian Data Centre. The system will be used in contexts where internet bandwidth is very limited. User roles will be defined with different permissions that require interaction with each other across multiple countries. You will help develop the data entry and incident analysis phases of the application with the guidance of the Software Development Manager. You will also provide substantial programming assistance for further development and troubleshooting of INSO’s partner and service distribution portal.
INSO’s Development Stack:
- Angular 8+ with Typescript
- Java Spring (boot) with Maven using Apache Tomcat
- Clustering with multiple Apache CouchDB NoSQL nodes
- NRT Indexing with Apache Solr 8+ using Zookeeper
- MS SQL Server
- Visualization development using D3 library
- DevOps using Webpack, Docker containers, and Kubernetes
- Session caching using Redis
- PHP with Codeigniter using Nginx
- Azure MySQL Server
- Twilio, SendGrid and BulkSMS
- Strong understanding of data modelling and storage with both NoSQL and relational DBs
- Knowledge of modern web and client development with distributed system architectures
- Familiarity with Azure and Active Directory, VM server management, DNS, and SSL techniques
- Paramount attention to detail in application and data security
- The ability to learn quickly and use innovative technologies
- Be a conscientious team worker who meets commitments and deadlines and takes pride in being reliable within a multi-cultural team across different time zones
- Outstanding communication skills in English
- Communication skills in French
- Prior work in computer graphics with SVG web technologies
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions:
Full-time position based in The Hague, Netherlands, EUR 4750 per month, 8% vacation pay (vakantiegeld) and 2.5 days of annual leave accrued per month. We provide Basic Premium ONVZ health insurance in the Netherlands. This post is eligible for Highly Skilled Migrant visa sponsorship. There is the possibility that this position can be remote based depending on the location.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Developer 2022” in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Updated CV.
- A cover letter explaining your motivation and interest in the position.
- Any relevant software project samples as links or documents (optional)
Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 8MB if possible.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.