Senior Training Manager – HQ
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts.
INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO works in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries with its headquarters in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
Join our dynamic global training team as a Senior Training Manager and play a pivotal role in a new project with dual objectives: deploying INSO training courses for aid workers in countries where INSO is not permanently operational and better grasping the capacity building needs of national aid organizations.
Lead the project and team
- Inspire and empower the team to deliver high-quality training aligned with INSO standards.
- Coordinate roving training activities, collaborating with Regional Directors and the Global Training Team to plan each deployment based on partners’ needs and feasibility.
- Ensure the project stays on track, maximizing response efficiency, and coordinate with the INSO Global Training Team.
Assess national NGO capacity-building needs
- Collect best practices from INSO training teams and involve external expertise to produce guidelines and share experiences.
- Design and pilot course contents to address the specific needs of national partners.
Coordinate roving training activity
- Propose countries of intervention for Roving Training activities as per INSO coordination mechanisms.
- Supervise Roving Training Managers and the Project Officer in each training cycle, ensuring contextualized, qualitative sessions that seek continuous quality improvement.
High level standards
- INSO staff are, first and foremost, aid workers upholding humanitarian principles in their duties and behaviours.
- Represent INSO during field deployments and external engagements, enhancing our reputation through professionalism and exceptional service to partners.
- Adhere to INSO’s high standards for procurement, service delivery, safety, and security, contributing to continuous improvement within the framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Fluency in English required, fluency in French and/ or Spanish also required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in the humanitarian sector and adult learning or civilian safety and security sector.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in team and project management.
- Demonstrated understanding of NGO safety & security management, personal safety, humanitarian principles, practices, access, and negotiations.
- Work experience in conflict-affected environments.
- Well-developed networking and organisational skills.
- Ability to travel often worldwide (expected 30% of the working time).
- Ability to excel in a multicultural work environment.
- Independent drive and ability to manage staff and teams.
- Ability to identify issues, analyse and participate in the resolution of issues/problems.
- Strong work ethic and capacity to take responsibility for his/her own actions.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Confidentiality, integrity, and a sense of conflict-of-interest prevention.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Other language skills.
- Experience delivering courses focusing on NGO safety & security management, personal safety, humanitarian access and negotiations.
- Experience developing curriculum.
- Experience in public speaking.
- Project management certifications.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions:
12-month full-time fixed-term contract (renewable based on funding) based in The Hague, Netherlands. It is a Dutch contract based on the Dutch social security and taxation rules with a €5,500 per month gross salary + 8% vacation pay (vakantiegeld) and 2.5 days annual leave accrued per month. We provide Basic Premium ONVZ health insurance in the Netherlands and travel insurance when travelling for work. This position is eligible for a highly-skilled migrant visa. A relocation allowance is available.
How to apply:
Please submit your application at: https://inso.ngo/VASRTM
You will need an up-to-date CV and a cover letter.
If you are interested in applying for both the Senior Training Manager and the Roving Training Manager positions, please select both when submitting your application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.