Senior Information Officer – HQ
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts.
INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO works in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries with its headquarters in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
Information is vital to humanitarian safety and INSO is committed to providing a reliable and accurate evidence base that can support humanitarian programming and policy in high-risk countries.
Our Conflict and Humanitarian Data Centre (CHDC) is the largest incident database of its type and provides reliable data to all INSO missions and more than 1,000 partners globally.
As the Senior Information Officer, you will be the guardian of this data centre (CHDC) at the highest level, overseeing the process of data entry, quality, and integrity globally to ensure maintenance of the highest quality dataset for our humanitarian partners.
Other responsibilities include management and quality control of other INSO applications, such as the Partners Portal, technical support to and training for Information Managers, support to external partners and data visualisation projects.
You will have experience managing large and complex datasets (systems, quality, analysis) where high levels of organisation and attention to detail has been required. As the position contributes to innovative work on new technologies and tools, you will need some creativity and have experience in data visualisation.
This position is part of the Technology & Innovation Department and reports to the Senior Information Manager.
- Act as lead database manager for CHDC, proactively monitoring data entry and quality to ensure the highest-quality dataset.
- Serve as focal point for INSO Partners Portal, monitoring data entry, quality and systems and provide relevant reports & metrics
- Support management in developing and applying information management policies and procedures across all applications.
- Orient and support INSO Information Managers in use of CHDC and other IM tasks. Fill in for IM’s during absence.
- Support management in orienting and training external partners on CHDC and Portal.
- Support managers and departments with data visualizations as needed
- Bachelor’s degree-level of education in Data or Computer Science, IT, Business Intelligence, Statistics or related fields of studies.
- Fluency in English language, both written and verbal.
- High level of attention to details and demonstrated understanding of data quality control.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience, preferably NGO experience.
- Good understanding of databases and ETL processes.
- Very good SQL skills, and good experience in Python or R.
- Experience with data visualisation tools.
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of French (Written and spoken).
- Experience in mapping and GIS, preferably in ArcGIS Pro.
- Contextual knowledge in one or more of INSO-covered countries.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud applications, especially Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Passionate about data analytics and data science.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Confidentiality, integrity, and a sense of conflict-of-interest prevention.
- Self-motivation, courtesy, and humility.
- Capacity to work in multicultural environments.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions:
Full-time position based in The Hague, Netherlands, EUR 4750 per month, 8% vacation pay (vakentiengeld) and 2.5 days of annual leave accrued per month. We provide Basic Premium ONVZ health insurance. This post is eligible for Highly Skilled Migrant visa sponsorship.
How to apply
Please submit completed applications to email@example.com and reference ‘Senior Info Officer’ in the subject line. Applications should be in English and include:
- An updated CV (maximum 3 pages).
- A one-page cover letter detailing why you are interested in working for INSO and how your qualifications align specifically with the competencies required for the role.
Please do not send any additional information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.