Roving Operations Manager
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international NGO that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries.
INSO is registered in the Netherlands with its headquarters in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
We have created an exciting new position at INSO- Roving Operations Manager (ROM). Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will play a central role in supporting the set up of new country offices. The ROM will temporarily fill Operations Manager vacancies, conduct monitoring missions and provide staff capacity building in the field. This position requires the ability to deploy at short notice and a high level of flexibility.
You should be an expert in humanitarian operations covering key sectors; human resources, logistics, procurement, asset & facilities management, transport, safety, IT and regulatory compliance including data protection, environmental policy and 3rd party liabilities & services.
This position requires a large amount of travel – up to 70% – with varying mission lengths and locations. You can work from your home base providing remote support to Country Offices or HQ projects the rest of the time.
- Make local contacts with relevant agencies on arrival.
- Introduce INSO to the country, explain our mission, detail the products we provide.
- Lead procurement processes to source an office, guest house and assets.
- Coordinate with HQ for the compilation, legalization, and submission of all registration documents.
- Support Country Directors with national staff recruitment.
- Conduct trainings and ensure implementation of INSO’s policies and procedures.
- Represent INSO in INGO meetings and to other stakeholders.
Capacity Building, Compliance and Country Office Support
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures; establish monitoring, auditing, and reporting systems as needed during field visits.
- Proactively build the capacity of in-country Operations Managers to provide effective support to projects.
- Act as Operations Manager on short-term gap filling missions to Country Offices; responsible for Human Resources, Procurement, Facilities & Asset Management, Legal and Compliance duties
- Act as a knowledge focal point on INSO’s administrative and procurement procedures.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
- Working knowledge of French
- Experience in setting up new missions, country and field offices for NGOs.
- Experience working in conflict-affected countries and/or areas of high criminality.
- Good understanding of supply chain, logistics and procurement in the humanitarian sector
- 3+ years Operations experience- Procurement, Logistics, Human Resources, Administration, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience maintaining administrative systems; experience developing administrative systems a plus.
- Training experience.
- Experience working in a roving manager position in the humanitarian field.
- Previous experience or knowledge with logistics and procurement.
- General knowledge of donor procurement regulations.
- Existing knowledge of INSO and affinity with its mission.
- Experience as a user or admin of HRIS
- Proven administrative and organizational skills.
- Arabic, Portuguese language skills.
Key Personal Competencies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and outgoing personality.
- Highly adaptable
Terms & Conditions: 12-month contract (renewable), €5000 per month salary, 2.5 days annual leave per month and 3 days of R&R every 3 months, global medical coverage (excluding USA) and USD $200,000 AD&D coverage. Roving positions can be based at HQ in The Hague, Netherlands or in a country or region where INSO works. You must be compliant with residency and tax requirements in the country in which you are based.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to email@example.com and reference ‘Roving Operations Manager’ in the subject line of your email.
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page max).
- Up to date CV (3-page maximum)
Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.). Only short- listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.