Regional Grants Specialist – HQ
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international NGO that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations, and training.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries.
INSO is registered in the Netherlands, with its headquarters based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
As the Regional Grants Specialist, you will lead the administration of the regional grants, provide day-to-day compliance support to the country office, and coordinate with the relevant HQ staff for successful grant management. You will be responsible for the coordination and centralization of the service and project outputs, monitoring and evaluation, and communications reported by INSO Country Offices. You should have comprehensive working experience with DG ECHO grants, preferably with a consortium. This position is based at our Headquarters in The Hague, Netherlands, and reports to the Grants Manager. We are looking for you to start as soon as possible.
- Administer proposal development, project modification, and donor reporting for regional grants.
- Centralize inputs from country offices and, in close liaison with the Director of Field Program, Regional Directors, and Finance Controllers responsible for drafting project proposals, reports, and modification requests.
- Contribute to regular monthly grant management and BvA reviews specific to the regional grants with INSO Country Offices.
- Coordinate with the Grants Manager, Regional Directors, and Finance Controller to support the supervision of the donor deadlines, funding pipeline, and donor reports.
- Ensure proper archiving of grant documents both at the HQ and country-office levels.
- Document, analyze, and share learning for proposal development, reporting, and grant modification processes and compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely communication of the amendment requirements of the regional grants with the internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as an internal focal point for compliance requirements of DG ECHO, providing operational guidance to program teams on donor’s rules and regulations; develop internal guidelines and manuals
- Monitor changes in donor regulations, and ensure timely communication of these changes.
- Support audit requirements in liaison with the Director of Internal Audit and Finance Controllers.
- Specific to regional grants- orient, advise, and build the capacity of Country Directors and Reporting Officers in areas of grants management, donor regulations/compliance and proposal/reporting skills.
- Master’s degree in political science, international relations, or a relevant social sciences discipline
- Fluent in English with excellent reading, writing, and speaking skills
- 4+ years’ experience in grant management
- Must have the right to live and work in the Netherlands
- Comprehensive experience with managing DG ECHO grants, preferably in a consortium, and extensive knowledge of compliance requirements of DG ECHO
- Experience in proposal development and reporting for institutional donors
- Excellent command of MS Office applications
- Proven experience in managing grants for European donors, including ECHO, FCDO, SIDA, SDC, etc., and understanding of their policies, guidelines, and reporting requirements
- Previous experience in managing multi-partner institutional grants
- French language abilities (written and spoken)
- Experience in capacity building (report writing, donor compliance, and proposal development
- Working experience from the field in humanitarian organisations and countries currently covered by INSO.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to the safe recruitment, selection, and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees, and volunteers, and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions
Fixed-term (renewable) full-time contract based in The Hague, Netherlands, EUR 4750 per month, 8% vacation pay (vakantiegeld), 2.5 days annual leave per month. INSO will provide Basic Premium ONVZ health insurance. For this position, the right to live and work in the Netherlands is required.
How to apply:
Please send the following to email@example.com and reference “Regional Grants Specialist” in the subject line of the email:
- Cover Letter in English specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements of the role.
- An up-to-date CV in English.
Please do not send any additional information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.