Regional Finance Controller – HQ
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international NGO that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations, and training.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries.
INSO is registered in the Netherlands, with its headquarters based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
As the Regional Finance Controller, you work closely with the Regional Director (RD) to coordinate the financial activities and reporting for a portfolio of up to five countries. You closely cooperate with the field-based Finance Managers (FMs) and Country Directors (CDs) to coordinate financial activities, fiduciary responsibilities and ensure stewardship of donor funds. You will also contribute to improving existing procedures and policies.
This position is based in The Hague, Netherlands and requires an ability and willingness to travel to insecure countries up to 30% of the time. This position is eligible for a Highly Skilled Migrant Visa. We are looking for a start date by mid-October.
- Ensure quality control over the financial transactions of the assigned countries
- Maintain effective control over budgets and planning
- Coordinate financial reporting and responses to donors; approve budget proposals and financial reports for external submission
- Monitor cashflow effectively; review country cash position and authorise funds requests; follow up on donors disbursements
- Promote good governance and stay current on donors’ rules and regulations
- Maintain accurate and secure financial information, facilitate audit requests, support implementation of audit recommendations
- Recruit and capacity build staff with managerial and financial functions; travel to deliver on-site induction, orientation, mentoring and monitoring
- Support Finance Managers in the effective use of SUNSYSTEM software; ensure a proper application of software maintenance and security protocols
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in direct accounting and finance with a minimum of 3 years in the NGO sector
- Degree in finance, business administration, management or economics
- Proficient in Excel and accounting systems
- Fluent English
- Strong working knowledge of French
Nice to have
- Completed accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or similar)
- Proficient in SUNSYSTEM
- Strong understanding of humanitarian donor regulations (BHA, ECHO, FCDO, etc.)
- Ability to manage large amount of data with high attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to manage heavy workload and conflicting priorities
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Culturally sensitive
- Good communication skills
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions:
Renewable 12-month contract with a gross monthly salary of €6,250 plus 8% vakantiegeld (vacation pay) and 2.5 days of annual leave per month. It is a Dutch contract based on our social security and taxation rules. We provide basic premium ONVZ health insurance. This position is eligible for a Highly Skilled Migrant visa and relocation allowance.
How to Apply:
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “RFC” in the subject line of your email:
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO
- Up to date CV
Please do not send any additional information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.