Operations Manager – Ukraine
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1,000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries.
INSO is headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands- the international city of peace and justice.
INSO Ukraine opened in 2015. Since the escalation of conflict in February 2022, it has rapidly expanded to a full platform serving the needs of NGOs in a fast-evolving conflict. Currently, 142 national and international NGOs receive INSO services. Our country office is in Kyiv, supported by field offices in Lviv, Dnipro, and Odesa. The scale and intensity of the Ukraine conflict have seen significant humanitarian safety challenges. As part of INSO Ukraine, you will play a key role in supporting NGOs and helping aid to reach people in need.
INSO is now seeking an experienced professional to join our team as Operations Manager for Ukraine.
Reporting to the Country Director, and under the functional supervision of INSO’s Director of Operational Support, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of all Operations functions within the Country Office, including Logistics, Procurement and Administration. You will also be the focal point for HQ colleagues on these functions as well as related audit implementation.
Procurement and Logistics
- Oversee full implementation of procurement processes in compliance with INSO and donor regulations to prevent fraud and corruption.
- Maintain oversight of local markets for goods and services and carry out regular supplier checks.
- Ensure that international procurement is conduct using the applicable Incoterms and that the best freight option is used.
- Ensure compliance with the Ukraine regulations for the importation of goods.
- Manage and implement INSO fleet guidelines policy.
Legal and Compliance
- Ensure all necessary legal and regulatory documents are filed and maintained with national authorities, oversee country-registration related administration as well as staff visas and work permits.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
Facilities and Asset Management
- Prepare and maintain leases and contracts with suppliers.
- Equip and maintain all staff facilities and vehicles.
- Establish and maintain a central asset register.
- Ensure the proper disposal of all assets approved for disposal.
Safety and Security
- In coordination with the HQ Global Safety & Risk Manager, maintain the Country Security Management Plan (CSMP) and Security Risk Assessment (SRA).
- Ensure all staff, consultants and visitors are briefed on country safety and security protocols.
- Fluency in English AND Ukrainian and/or Russian (written and spoken).
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized academic institution.
- At least 5 years of progressive operations experience, at least 2 of which should be with an NGO or international organisation.
- Highly motivated with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work to set deadlines.
- Proficient use of MS Office and experience with database management.
- Previous experience with logistics and procurement.
- General knowledge of donor procurement regulations.
- Existing knowledge of INSO and affinity with its mission.
- Prior field experience in Ukraine in a similar position.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and will ensure rigorous compliance with its Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions:
12-month renewable contract. €4,550 per month salary, 4 calendar days annual leave per month and 3 days of R&R every 3 months with a €250 R&R allowance each cycle, €1,200 housing allowance per month, global medical coverage (excluding USA) and AD&D Insurance.
How to apply
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference ‘Operations Manager’ in the subject line. Applications should be in English and include:
- An updated CV (maximum 3 pages).
- A one-page cover letter detailing why you are interested in working for INSO and how your qualifications align specifically with the competencies required for the role.
Please do not send any additional information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We are looking for an available start date by mid-March.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.