Operations Manager- Emergency Response Ukraine
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international NGO that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 18 of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for its performance, principles and professionalism.
INSO is registered in the Netherlands with its headquarters based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
In response to the conflict escalation and new humanitarian crisis in Ukraine, INSO is scaling up its operations – from a small-scale monitoring mission in Donetska and Luhanska Oblasts to a full-scale NGO safety platform with country-wide coverage and the relevant cross-border component. In support of the INSO field team in Ukraine, a response surge team is currently being deployed to Poland.
We are now seeking a qualified and experienced NGO professional to join our Emergency Response team as Operations Manager in Lublin or Rzeszow, Poland with an anticipated move to Lviv, Ukraine.
Duties and responsibilities
- Make local contacts with relevant agencies upon arrival including authorities and humanitarian agencies present.
- With support from HQ, ensure legal registration of INSO in Poland and other countries bordering Ukraine if required.
- Lead procurement processes including but not limited to sourcing an office, guest house and assets.
- Coordinate with HQ Director of Operations on the collection, compilation, legalization, and submission of all documents necessary for registration.
- Help in recruitment of national staff to support Emergency Response Officer and Head of Mission.
- Monitor and support the Operations department strategy, action plan and budget, in line with organizational strategy.
- Train and strengthen field Operations personnel including job orientations and task allocation.
- Ensure compliance with internal operational policies and procedures establishing training, monitoring, auditing, and reporting systems as needed.
- Support country office registration, legal files, and new office set ups to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Fluent English and working knowledge of Russian or Ukrainian required, Polish desired.
- Proven experience working in an emergency context/ conflict setting.
- Experience in setting up new missions and field offices.
- Good understanding of supply chain, logistics and procurement.
- Experience with HR administration.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of maintaining administrative systems, experience creating and/or developing administrative systems a plus.
- Proven administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions
3 month contract (renewable), €4550 per month salary, 4 calendar days annual leave per month, accommodation, global medical coverage (excluding USA), USD 200,000 AD&D coverage.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “OM- Emergency Response” in the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, any preferred characteristics and your motivation for applying, (2 page maximum).
- Updated CV (4 page maximum).
Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.