IT Officer – HQ
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international NGO that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 18 of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for its performance, principles and professionalism.
INSO is registered in the Netherlands with its headquarters based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Officer will be based in INSO’s Headquarters in The Hague.
The IT Officer will be responsible for providing high-level IT and application support to all INSO offices and administering global IT services such as INSO’s office 365 and exchange online account, Azure active directory ArcGIS Licensing, and IP/DNS maintenance and troubleshooting.
The IT Officer should combine a strong background in Information Technology or computer sciences with significant practical IT support experience in a large internationally orientated organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- On call support for hardware, software and installations issues via TeamViewer and Microsoft Teams to all staff in coordination with country office’s IT team.
- Install and configure computer operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain INSO’s network environment (DNS, IPs)
- Update and maintain INSO’s third party cloud applications (SurveyMonkey, InMotion Hosting, Comodo SSL).
- Update and manage INSO Share Point’s online folder and permission structure.
- Update and manage ArcGIS and Adobe licensing, installation, and troubleshooting support.
- Manage user and group accounts using Microsofts admin portal.
- Closely work with INSO departments in order to understand and respond to their IT needs.
- Assist in IT training of country position with IT responsibilities.
- Assist in developing tutorials and basic documentation for INSO applications.
- Assist the IT Manager in monitoring INSO’s IT systems and ensure basic Microsoft security using Windows Defender Portal.
- Monitor usage, renewal and billing aspects of all third party applications and report to IT Manager in case of required renewals.
- Report COs user usage of office 365 services to the HQ finance department.
- Assist the IT Manager with procurement of hardware including laptops and mobile phones.
- All reasonable duties commensurate with the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- A degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field.
- At least 2 year experience supporting IT services.
- Extensive experience with Windows operating systems and other Microsoft technologies such as office 365 applications, Exchange online, Share Point online.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Azure Active Directory.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS and Adobe (licensing and installation).
Nice to Have:
- Microsoft certifications.
- French language skills
- Dutch language skills
- Existing knowledge of and affinity to INSO and its mission.
- Attention to detail.
- Good time management.
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently unsupervised.
- Ability to identify issues, analyse and participate in the resolution of issues/problems.
- Strong work ethic and capacity to take responsibility for his/her own actions.
- Meeting of tight deadlines.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions:
Fixed-term (renewable) full-time contract based in The Hague, Netherlands, €4,750 per month, 8% vacation pay (vakentiegeld), 2.5 days annual leave per month. We also provide Basic Premium Health Insurance with ONVZ.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send the following documents to email@example.com with the reference “IT Officer” in the subject line of the email:
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
- Up to date CV (2-page maximum).
Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.