Information Manager – Yemen
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries.
INSO is headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands- the international city of peace and justice.
In 2022, INSO initiated operations in Yemen in partnership with donors and NGO partners and will open a country program in October 2023. INSO plans to establish its services in the country based in Aden and expand to other areas in the future.
As the Information Manager, you are responsible for complete understanding of all Conflict & Humanitarian Data Centre (CHDC) data entry, capabilities, storage, and security. You will hire, manage and train your team. You are the focal point for CHDC and the Partner’s Portal (IPP). In addition, you will provide technical support to the programs team for creating visualisations and dashboards. This position is based in Aden, Yemen and reports to the Deputy Director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and support Information unit staff
- Provide technical trainings and recruit the team
- Maintain data security practices and confidentiality
- Advise the country program on best practices in cybersecurity and information management
Conflict & Humanitarian Data Centre (CHDC)
- Be the focal point of CHDC and understand the methodology with expert knowledge of the platform
- Ensure that information recorded is correctly categorized, promptly updated, and is properly accessed
- Monitor, assess, and continuously improve the accuracy and precision of data collected
- Provide CHDC training and inductions to staff
INSO Partners Portal (IPP)
- Be the focal point of IPP and understand the registration process
- Guide the partners through the registration process and provide solutions to questions about the system
- Monitor and update the registration of INSO partners
- Fill information needs and sources in collaboration with the team
- Aggregate data for analysis and presentation
- Produce high quality maps, graphs, and other products to support INSO’s analysis and facilitate NGOs’ understanding of the conflict
- Provide visual-relevant inputs to field missions
- Support the Training Manager in providing and designing technical trainings to staff and partners as required
- Train Information staff on data-entry responsibilities and data integrity
- Manage and regularly update SharePoint folders with relevant materials
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Management, GIS, or relevant field
- Fluency in English required; Arabic language skills desired
- 3 or more years of experience in data management and visualization, in a similar humanitarian organization and context
- Experience with Power BI and DAX, or similar BI software (such as Tableau)
- Knowledge of database management using SQL
- Knowledge in scripting languages such as Python or R
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to GIS and the management of information in crises contexts
- Staff management experience
Nice to Have:
- Acceptance and understanding of humanitarian principles.
- Familiarity with the operating environment in Yemen, including the legal framework.
- Knowledge of Arabic language
Terms and Conditions
12-month renewable contract. €4550 per month salary, 4 calendar days annual leave per month and 7 days of R&R every 3 months with a €1000 R&R allowance each cycle, global medical coverage (excluding USA) and AD&D insurance.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to the safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers, and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please submit completed applications to email@example.com and reference ‘IM’ in the subject line. Applications should be in English and include:
- An updated CV
- A one-page cover letter detailing why you are interested in working for INSO and how your qualifications align specifically with the competencies required for the role.
Please do not send any additional information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.