Information Manager – Nigeria
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts.
INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO works in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries with its headquarters in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
INSO Lake Chad Basin began in April 2016 with the establishment of an office in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The Maiduguri field office is supported by a country office in Abuja, and the platform currently supports more than 130 partners. An upsurge of conflict between armed groups has led to increased humanitarian needs. By providing analysis and advice on the dynamic security environment, we are assisting partners to stay and deliver aid to people who are displaced and in need. Working with INSO in the Lake Chad basin region, you will have the unique opportunity to directly enable NGOs to do their job safely.
We are now hiring an experienced Information Manager to join our team in Abuja, Nigeria.
Our Conflict and Humanitarian Data Centre (CHDC) is the largest incident database of its type and provides reliable data to all INSO missions and more than 1,000 partners globally.
As the Information Manager, you will be the focal point and guardian of CHDC in country, providing consistent understanding of CHDC definitions, quality controlling the data, and training the team to use it efficiently.
Other responsibilities are to lead and assist your team (information officer and GIS officer) in providing high-quality visualization and products such as maps, charts, and reports. Also, facilitate partners registration and membership updates within INSO Partners Portal (IPP).
You will have a strong background in data analysis, Information Management and GIS. Also, you will be inquisitive and detail oriented.
- Act as the country focal point for CHDC, maintain a good understanding of the definitions, monitor data entry and quality control.
- Act as the country focal point for INSO Partners Portal (IPP), monitoring data entry, quality and systems and provide relevant reports & metrics
- Create Power BI reports and ArcGIS maps on demand.
- Build and review, with the help of the team, scheduled reports (biweekly, monthly, quarterly).
- Assist and support safety advisors and programme team with their reports and services.
- Orient and induct new staff on CHDC and other information-related services.
- Supervise, support, and train the information team on existing and new technologies and software.
- Bachelor’s degree-level of education in Data or Computer Science, IT, Business Intelligence, Statistics or related fields of studies.
- Fluency in English language, both written and verbal.
- High level of attention to details and demonstrated understanding of data quality control.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience, preferably NGO experience.
- Good understanding of database management systems, SQL, and ETL process.
- Coding experience in Python or R.
- Good experience in GIS software, preferably in ArcGIS Pro.
- Experience with BI and data visualisation tools such as Power BI.
Nice to have
- Staff management experience.
- Contextual knowledge in Lake Chad Basin (LCB) countries.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud applications, especially Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Passionate about data analytics and visualisation.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Confidentiality, integrity, and a sense of conflict-of-interest prevention.
- Self-motivation, courtesy, and humility.
- Capacity to work in multicultural environments.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions
International candidate: 12-month contract, €4550 per month salary, 4 days annual leave per month and 3 days of R&R every 3 months with €1,000 R&R Allowance, global medical coverage (excluding USA), USD 200,000 AD&D coverage
National terms & conditions will apply to a successful national candidate.
How to Apply
Please send a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Information Manager” in the subject line of the email.
- An updated CV (maximum 3 pages).
- Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, any preferred characteristics, your motivation for applying, and what you hope to bring to INSO (1 page max).
Please do not send any additional information. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.