Human Resources Administrator – HQ
Part time – 60% (80-100% possible)
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts.
INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO works in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries with its headquarters in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
As the HR Administrator- Recruitment, you will support the HR team, especially with recruitments, providing a high-quality human resources service to managers and employees through efficient administration, record keeping, updating HR systems, monitoring and coordination of HR activities. You will report to the HR Manager- Recruitment and be expected to work in the office the majority of the time.
You will work in a diverse, dynamic, and engaging environment with colleagues based in at the HQ in The Hague as well as in the field country offices. You will collaborate with colleagues to ensure an efficient roll out of HR services and contribute towards INSO’s important mission.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage employment contract administration; issue employment contacts, ensure contract renewals and amendments are issued on time and filed appropriately with Payroll and HR records.
- Administer and maintain the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) for international and HQ staff.
- Publish vacancies on the INSO website, relevant humanitarian sector job boards and social media in coordination with the Communications team.
- Procure Vacancy Announcements on paid to post job boards as required
- Support HQ and international hiring managers with the recruitment process.
- Ensure the completion of recruitment documents and reference checks for new hires.
- Assist with projects managed by the HR Manager and undertake research as necessary.
- Ensure that online and hard copy personnel and other HR records are organised and accurate.
- Assist Country Offices with internal audit requests.
- Maintain the international employee enrolment list with the insurance provider; assist with queries from international staff and the provider.
- Provide a service orientated and efficient first point of contact for international staff. queries and forward messages to the relevant HR team member for more complex issues.
- Provide international staff with Work Certificates, Salary Certificates, access to pay slips, etc. as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- English fluency
- Minimum of two years’ experience with HR administration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Basic knowledge of Dutch labour law and relevant HR procedures and processes.
- Experience of maintaining administrative systems, experience creating and/or developing administrative systems a plus.
- Proven administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience maintaining HR records.
- Computer literate with Intermediate level in Word for Windows, Excel Spreadsheets, Databases an HR systems.
- Right to work in the Netherlands/ European Union
- French fluency
- Experience managing Sharepoint folders.
- Experience with recruitment.
- Experience with HRIS and ATS.
- HR or business qualification.
- Experience managing contract administration.
- Experience working for a NGO or international organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to juggle many tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal tactfully with people at all levels.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions:
Fixed-term (renewable) contract based in The Hague, Netherlands, €2400 gross per month (based on 24 hours work week), 8% vacation pay (vakentiegeld), 1.5 days annual leave per month (based on 24 hours work week). We provide Basic Premium ONVZ health insurance. The fulltime package would be €4000 gross per month, 8% vacation pay, 2.5 days annual leave per month.
How to apply:
Please send the following to email@example.com and reference “HR Administrator” in the subject line of the email. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Please specify the percentage of time you are able/ interested in working in your cover letter and your available start date.
- An up-to-date CV.
- A cover letter explaining your motivation and interest in the position. Please explain how you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Please do not send any additional information. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.