Full Stack Developer – HQ
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts.
INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO works in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries with its headquarters in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
We are looking for an experienced and talented individual to join our team at our HQ in The Hague as a Full Stack Developer.
You will be responsible for providing substantial assistance in the design, implementation and maintenance of INSO’s Conflict & Humanitarian Data Centre. The system will be used in contexts where internet bandwidth is very limited. User roles will be defined with different permissions that require interaction with each other across multiple countries. You will help develop the data entry and incident analysis phases of the application with the guidance of the Senior Developer. You will also provide substantial programming assistance for further development and troubleshooting of INSO’s partner and service distribution portal.
INSO’s Development Stack:
- Practical experience with Angular 10+
- Java Frameworks like Spring (MVC, Security, JPA, and Boot)
- Containerization tools and technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Apache Solr 8+ using Zookeeper
- OAuth with Azure AD
- Azure MySQL Server
- Apache CouchDB NoSQL nodes
- Strong understanding of data modeling and storage with both NoSQL and relational DBs
- Detail-oriented design skills
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern web and client development with distributed system architectures
- Familiarity with Azure and Active Directory, VM server management, DNS, and SSL techniques
- Experience in “big data” processing and analysis with dynamic visualizations
- Paramount attention to detail in application and data security
- Solid understanding of performance testing, deployment strategies, and DevOps
- The ability to learn quickly and use innovative technologies
- Be a conscientious team worker who meets commitments and deadlines and takes pride in being reliable within a multi-cultural team across different time zones
- Outstanding communication skills in English
- Communication skills in French
- Knowledge of Python
- Prior humanitarian or NGO experience
- Contributed to relevant open-source projects or impressive portfolio
- Object Oriented coding practices, including strong design patterns knowledge, refactoring, and clean code
- Knowledge of Scrum, Agile, Jira, Confluence, GitHub, and Google Analytics
- Prior work in computer graphics with SVG web technologies
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions:
Full-time position based in The Hague, Netherlands, EUR 4750 per month, 8% vacation pay (vakantiegeld) and 2.5 days of annual leave accrued per month. We provide Basic Premium ONVZ health insurance in the Netherlands. For this position, the right to live and work in the Netherlands is required.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Developer 2023” in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Updated CV.
- A cover letter explaining your motivation and interest in the position.
- Any relevant software project samples as links or documents (optional)
Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 8MB if possible.
Acquisition or recruiter outreach related to this position is not appreciated.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.