Finance Manager – Yemen (Yemeni nationals only)
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries. INSO is headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands- the international city of peace and justice.
INSO initiated operations in Yemen in partnership with donors and NGO partners and will open a country program in late 2023. INSO will establish its services in the country based in Aden and expand to other areas of Yemen in the future. As part of a new and dynamic team, you will play a critical role in establishing in-country programming and a presence in Yemen.
As the Finance Manager, you will work closely with the Country Director and are responsible for protecting the financial health and integrity of the project. You will ensure appropriate accounting and financial procedures and policies are followed and provide timely and accurate financial data. You will also recruit and oversee the finance team. This position is based in Aden, Yemen and reports to the Country Director and is only open to Yemeni nationals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee financial record keeping.
- Provide HQ with reconciliation of accounts.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget.
- Prepare forecasts and monitor expenses; identify funding gaps.
- Support Country Director in grants management.
- Ensure financial practices comply with INSO procedures and donor regulations.
- Oversee statutory reporting to local authorities.
- Provide required information for the consolidation of INSO global financial statements.
- Meet external reporting deadlines; prepare budgets and reports as required.
- Act as focal point during audits; implement internal and external audit recommendations.
- Manage the finance department.
- Degree in finance, accounting, or relevant field.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Donor/contract management experience and donor policy knowledge.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably with NGOs.
- Yemeni national
- Staff management experience.
- High attention to detail
- In depth knowledge of financial regulations and account processes.
- Proficiency in financial software systems (preferably SUNSYSTEM) and MS Office
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to process large amounts of data.
- Ability to handle multiple donors and multiyear budgets.
Nice to Have:
- Professional qualification as CPA/ACCA, etc.
- Acceptance and understanding of humanitarian principles.
- Familiarity with the operating environment in Yemen, including the legal framework.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently unsupervised.
- Strong work ethic and capacity to take responsibility for his/her own actions.
- Team spirit and good management of interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work under pressure.
Terms and Conditions
12-month contract, USD $4,000 gross per month salary. The expected start date is 15 January 2024.
NSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to the safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers, and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please send the following to email@example.com and reference ‘Finance Manager’ in the subject line. Applications should be in English and include:
- An updated CV (maximum 3 pages).
- A one-page cover letter detailing why you are interested in working for INSO and how your qualifications align with the requirements.
Please do not send any additional information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.