Finance Manager – South Sudan
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1,000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries.
INSO is headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands- the international city of peace and justice.
INSO South Sudan
Founded in 2018, INSO South Sudan addresses the insecure operating environment all NGOs face in the country. The platform currently supports 246 NGOs including a large number of local partners, enhancing safety preparedness and providing support through reports, alerts, training and more. We cover all ten states and three administrative areas in South Sudan with a country office in Juba and field offices in Yambio, Wau, Rumbek, Bentiu, Malakal, and Bor. Working with INSO South Sudan offers you the chance to be part of a dynamic and growing program alongside a diverse team. You will be based in Juba and report to the Country Director.
As the Finance Manager, you will work closely with the Country Director and be responsible for protecting the financial health and integrity of the project. You will be enforcing appropriate accounting and financial procedures and policies, providing timely and accurate financial information to enable project orientation, planning and decision, meeting the external reporting and audit requirements and orienting staff in financial management, audits and procedures compliance among other duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the financial record keeping; control and reconcile the documentation, uploads the financial information in SUN system;
- Provide a clear picture of the financial position of the project with reports on donors’ budget adherence or budget variances;
- Maintain an adequate project cash flow, prepares cash requests and follow donors’ disbursements;
- Meet external reporting deadlines; prepare budgets and reports; liaise with donors and HQ;
- Maintain healthy financial practices across the project; enforce finance working documents and trainings as needed to ensure staff compliance;
- Act as a focal point during audits, timely enforce internal and external audit recommendations;
- Review and authorize transactions within your threshold;
- Manage the finance department, recruitments, orientation and training of staff with financial functions.
- Fluency in English
- At least 5 years of experience with a similar position in the NGO sector
- Proficiency in the use of accounting software (preferably SUNSYSTEM), Q&A reporting tool and Excel.
- Donor/contract management experience and donor policy knowledge.
- Ability to handle multiple donors and multi-year budgets.
- Ability to process large amount of data.
- High attention in details and accuracy.
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- Understanding of humanitarian principle and practices.
Key Personal Competencies:
- Highly organised and capable of delivering work with tight deadlines
- People management skills
- A good listener
- Team player
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions:
Twelve-month contract, €5000 per month salary, 4 calendar days annual leave per month and 7 days of R&R every 2 months with €1250 R&R allowance each cycle, global medical coverage (excluding USA), and AD&D coverage.
How to apply:
Please send the following documents to email@example.com and reference “Finance Manager” in the subject line of the email.
- a Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation for applying, and what you hope to bring to INSO;
- a CV.
Please do not send any additional information. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.