Digital Learning Manager – HQ
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts.
INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO works in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries with its headquarters in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
We are now seeking a qualified and experienced Digital Learning Manager to join our training team. You will contribute to the safety of the humanitarian community by using your knowledge and skills to design and implement INSO’s Digital Learning projects at the global level.
INSO delivers high-quality training to enhance humanitarian access and safety. You will design, test and roll out digital learning activities, including a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC).
Development of online learning activities
- Design a MOOC about humanitarian Safety & Security management.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts, INSO Technology & Innovation team, providers, and the Global Training Team to confirm course specifications and resolve gaps.
- Produce small audio-video products in autonomy.
- Lead the procurement and manage the in-house audio-video equipment, and draft the associated documentation.
Deliver the MOOC
- Develop a dissemination strategy ensuring the visibility of the MOOC.
- Build partnerships with MOOC platforms (Kayaconnect, EdX, LinkedIn, etc.) to ensure a wide dissemination of the MOOC.
- Pilot the delivery of the MOOC, including the creation of cohorts, interactions with participants, and troubleshooting.
Manage the Learning Management System
- Lead the deployment, good use and development of INSO LMS (Moodle).
- Leverage industry knowledge, learner preferences, and adult learning theory to improve learning pathways and options for multiple user roles.
Contribute to Global Training Team
- Lead the development of other e-learning modules.
- Support the delivery of webinars, podcasts, and the production of other digital products by advising on and managing the technical aspects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Fluency in English
- Minimum 3 years experience in the development and delivery of MOOCs
- Experience in graphic design, video editing, and audio editing
- Proficient with: Moodle, SCORM, H5P, Storyline, or similar eLearning authoring tools
- Experience in working with Programming and Web design teams
- Well-developed networking and organisational skills
- Ability to excel in a multicultural work environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently unsupervised.
- Ability to identify issues, analyse and participate in the resolution of issues/problems.
- Strong work ethic and capacity to take responsibility for his/her own actions.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Confidentiality, integrity, and a sense of conflict-of-interest prevention.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- French or Spanish language skills.
- Experience in serious gaming, gamification approaches, curriculum design.
- Experience delivering courses focusing on NGO safety & security management, personal safety, humanitarian access and negotiations.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions:
7-month full-time fixed-term contract (renewable based on funding) based in The Hague, Netherlands, with convenient work-from-home arrangements. It is a Dutch contract based on our social security and taxation rules with a €5,250 per month gross salary + 8% vacation pay (vakantiegeld) and 2.5 days annual leave accrued per month. We provide Basic Premium ONVZ health insurance. For this position, the right to live and work in the Netherlands is required. A relocation allowance is available.
How to apply:
Please submit your application at: https://inso.ngo/DLM
You will need:
- Up to date CV.
- Eventual links to any relevant projects, whether they are MOOC welcome pages, multimedia products, design portfolios, articles, or other work-related materials.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.