Communications Officer – HQ
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international NGO that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations, and training.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries.
INSO is registered in the Netherlands, with its headquarters based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
As the Communications Officer, you will help capture and communicate INSO’s impact to a wide range of stakeholders. Working closely with colleagues at headquarters and in our country offices, you will support a wide range of communications activities. This is a dynamic and collaborative role which requires creativity, excellent writing skills, an eye for design and familiarity with digital communications tools.
This position is based at our HQ in The Hague, Netherlands.
- Lead management of NGOsafety.org; ensure content is up to date, prepare new stories, maintain staff profiles and assist in the development of new pages.
- Manage and monitor social media channels by producing content and engaging with INSO’s online community to help raise awareness and understanding of INSO’s work.
- Develop stories on the impact of INSO’s services for online content.
- Assist in the production of INSO’s annual report.
- Collaborate with departments on key events such as World Humanitarian Day to post relevant content on the website and social media.
- Act as brand ambassador; advise on correct application of INSO’s brand and maintain the Brand Portal.
- Produce INSO’s monthly all-staff newsletter with input from all departments.
- Support content collection activities, including photoshoots and interviews.
- Manage contact email address.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or relevant major.
- Right to live and work in the Netherlands.
- Excellent English writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Understanding of communications and marketing trends and technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms (X, FB, LI)
- Proven ability to identify and produce compelling stories and content.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in the non-profit or humanitarian sector
- Overseas experience in a developing or conflict-affected country
- Familiarity with design tools, such as Canva, Adobe’s Creative Cloud suite and Figma
- Previous experience with website content management systems (CMS) ex: WordPress
- French, Arabic or other language skills
Key Personal Competencies
- Keen to work in the humanitarian sector.
- Ability to see the bigger picture in the small details.
- Enjoy a diverse and dynamic workplace.
- Quick to learn and develop.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to the safe recruitment, selection, and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees, and volunteers, and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions
Fixed-term (renewable) full-time contract based in The Hague, Netherlands, EUR 4750 per month, 8% vacation pay (vakantiegeld), 2.5 days annual leave per month. INSO will provide Basic Premium ONVZ health insurance. The right to live and work in the Netherlands is required for this position.
How to apply
Please send the following to email@example.com and reference “Communications Officer” in the subject line of the email:
- Cover Letter in English specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements of the role.
- An up-to-date CV in English.
Please do not send any additional information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.