Information Manager – Ukraine (national staff)
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international NGO that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 18 of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for its performance, principles and professionalism.
INSO is registered in the Netherlands with its headquarters based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
INSO Ukraine Country Office
INSO has been operational in Ukraine since July 2015 and currently brings together 100 humanitarian organisations operating throughout the country. INSO Ukraine focuses on providing security and access-related information in near to real-time and helps raise awareness of the existing risks and mitigation strategies.
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our team as INSO Information Manager (IM) to be based in Kyiv. This position is open to Ukrainian nationals only.
The primary aim of the position is to develop high quality data visualization products including maps and graphs, effectively manage INSO’s database as well as the registration process of INSO’s partners.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in GIS and Information Management, be inquisitive and detail-oriented, and have significant experience building and leading high-performing teams.
- Identify map information needs and sources in collaboration with the Research & Analysis and Operations teams.
- Collect geographical data for analysis and presentation.
- Produce high quality maps, graphs and other products to support INSO’s analysis and facilitate NGOs’ understanding of the conflict.
- Provide GIS-relevant inputs on field missions intended to gather data for INSO outputs, including maps.
Incident Database Management
- Ensure that information contained in INSO Incident Database is correctly categorized, promptly updated, and of easy access to its users.
- Monitor the accuracy and quality of data collected by Field Offices.
- Monitor proper coding in CHDC.
- Monitor the registration and update of INSO-registered partners through INSO’s Partners Portal.
- Closely work with the Operations department in order to understand and respond to their needs.
- Train Deputy Monitoring Officers, the Monitoring Officer Assistant or any other position with data-entry responsibilities on Database Management.
- Manage and regularly update SharePoint folders with relevant materials.
- Elaborate materials for advertising INSO services under the guidance of the correspondent departments.
- Assist in the implementation of IT and Information policies.
- The holder must safeguard the access of information by unauthorized parties.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in GIS, Geography, Information Systems or relevant field.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Legal right to work in Ukraine
- 3-5 years of experience in GIS and data visualization in a similar humanitarian organization and context.
- Extensive experience with ArcGIS for data management and manipulation, strong ArcGIS technical skills including creating topologically correct shapefiles and geodatabases.
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to GIS and the management of information in crises contexts.
- Strong cartographic skills, including the development of templates and adherence to cartographic standards, are highly desirable.
- Extensive experience with Excel and Microsoft Office Products
- Familiarity with QGIS and online-geoservices (such as Carto.com) highly is desirable.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat and Illustrator.
- Self-organization, ability to work remotely.
- Experience in security and/or political mapping.
- Knowledge of analytical software.
- Working experience with humanitarian organizations, particularly with NGOs.
- Staff management experience.
Key Personal Competencies:
- Ability to identify issues, analyse and participate in the resolution of issues/problems.
- Excellent communication, organizational and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of humanitarian principles and practices.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently unsupervised.
- Strong work ethic and capacity to take responsibility for his/her own actions.
- Meeting of tight deadlines, with the availability to work during weekends if necessary.
Terms & Conditions:
Official contract with a 3-month probationary period with expected start date asap or 09 May 2022, Gross salary 77,600 UAH.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection, and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees, and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
How to apply:
Interested persons are requested to send the following to email@example.com and ensure to reference ‘Information Manager’ in the subject line of your email by 08 May 2022:
-Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in (2-page maximum).
-Up to date CV (5-page maximum). Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tell us a little about yourself
Information provided in this form will only be used to understand our audience and improve our website.